Thursday 10 December 2015

The Jazz Band

Here are some 'in progress' photos of my Black Cat Jazz Band. They did take a very long time to arrive though. I thought for a while that I had lost them, but I am glad I waited as they are nice and 'different'. The only thing stopping me ordering more figures from Black Cat is the time it takes for delivery, if only they traded at Salute....... Hey ho.

More pictures of them and  the rest of the completed figures to follow but these are all now packed away in their transport case ready for the game on Sunday where they are appearing at Dick's place. Tickets are, I believe,  still available at a very reasonable rate and Dick with throw in a bottle of almost drinkable Aussie Chateau Chunder Red for every 4 seat table you fill.

The leader of the Jazz Quartet,  Mr Henri Mankini. He is the middle of the three Mankini brothers, the eldest being an archaeologist and the youngest a playboy wastrel.




 Mr Jock Scoplin is tinkering with the Ivory Keys. The person who is physically on the piano on is the guest artiste Miss Sophia Watapairona. I am not sure whether the patrons really care whether she can sing or not (Sophia is blue tacked to the piano by the way)




The inventor of the newfangled 'scuffle' music, Lennie Donegan




Keith Starkey on drums. Starkey is as mad as a bucket of frogs and just as temperamental.  He turned up for his audition wearing a black suit and brown shoes whilst drinking a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale. Can you believe that ? Brown shoes after 7pm - disgraceful



No comments:

Post a Comment